Executive Chief of Staff
Executive Chief of Staff
As a member of the executive team, the Chief of Staff oversees one or more College administrative functions to meet strategic goals and provide responsive, cost-effective, and high-quality services and programs. He/she plans, implements and manages key programs with responsibility for budget, personnel, and daily operations and coordinates and participates in key College- and University-wide committees and advisory groups. Reporting directly to the President, the Chief of Staff works closely with Vice Presidents, Deans, directors, faculty and staff. S/he will be a member of the President’s cabinet. This individual provides senior-level support and manages highly visible, complex projects and activities on behalf of the President.
The major tasks of the position include the following:
• Oversee and ensure the timely completion of various tasks on the Cabinet and President’s Council action items and other decisions made by the President.
• Collaborate with the Director of the President’s Office on the day-to-day tasks and activities of the President’s Office.
• Serve as the primary contact for stakeholders and college partners and represent the President at internal and external meetings
• Liaison with the CUNY Central Administration and chief advisor to college personnel regarding the development of the annual College performance goals and targets, the College’s Year-End Report, the ECP performance management process, and other University/College programs and initiatives assigned by the President.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues that may arise requiring the president’s attention.
• Handle matters of the greatest confidentiality, and provide confidential support and guidance to the president, other college executives, and senior staff members.
• Work alongside various department heads, deans, and chairs, to develop, implement, and track projects related to the Queens College Strategic Plan, its goals and anticipated outcomes.
• Oversee the administrative and strategic planning of office of Public Safety and Athletics.
• Convene and chair an administrative council of senior administrators responsible for operations.
• Provide senior-level support and manage highly visible, complex projects and activities as assigned by the President.
• Oversee the design and implementation of initiatives leading to new policies, procedures, and programs with college-wide impact that address external and internal issues
QUALIFICATIONS This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
Preferred Qualifications • At least eight years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in higher education administration.
• Master’s degree or other advanced degree as well as experience working with faculty in a union environment and experience in an academic setting preferred.
• Higher education background, with experience in a large, public institution highly desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, as well as excellent judgement and a record of effectiveness in dealing with conflict resolution.
• Committed to an inclusive community that maximizes the benefits of a multicultural perspective.
• Must be able to work effectively as a member of the senior staff as well as independently and proactively.
• High level of diplomacy and confidentiality required
• Ability to represent the Office of the President to internal and external constituencies.
CUNY TITLE Administrator
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Salary commensurate with education and experience. CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to cuny.jobs
- In the box under "job title/ keyword", enter "25013"
- Click on "Executive Chief of Staff"
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions. Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
CLOSING DATE Open until filled with Review to begin on: 09/25/2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY CUNY Job Posting: Executive EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Sun Sep 25 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)